Wednesday, June 25, 2008

City With a Future


What is up?! Middleton is great. "City With A Future". haha. I love it. So its getting "hot" here. Its funny to see people complaining and whining about 89* weather. haha. I'm like yes! Bring it on! Well the work is going good. We got to go to a tri-stake musical presentation of Joseph Smith: The Prophet written by Rob Garner. It was amazing!! We took some investigators and they loved it. If you have the chance to see it or hear it or anything, jump on it! Its way awesome! Well, I'm short on time, but I'll share this story real quick. So we had exchanges last Wednesday. I went out to the other side of Middleton with Elder Lehman. It was an amazing day. I could write a whole book from that day. But we made a list of people we were gonna go visit. We were driving to a house, when all of a sudden Elder Lehman says, "we're gonna go visit this guy. He's not on the list but I think we should go visit him". So before I get there, I read the notes some other Elder left about him: "mom died, asking questions". He was very inactive and none of his family are or were members. We pull up and he's out watering his lawn. Instantly a smile comes to his face when he see's us. (the normal reaction to whenever anyone see's me. haha. Just kidding). He invites us to sit on his porch and he gets us lemonade. We start talking to him and Elder Lehman brings up his mom's death. He than tells us that not only his mom died, his uncle, aunt, sister, nephew, dad, and about 4 other people died within the last 3 months! Very sad. But he said he was thinking about that and knew he had to get back to the church. He said he had just prayed for help and we came the next day. Amazing! We ended up giving him a really powerful blessing and rekindled his relationship with the Lord. It was so awesome! But the day only gets better! Later we have an appointment with an investigator named Sysco. To make a long story short, we have a really powerful second lesson and ask him to be baptized July 5th. He said yes! It was so cool. It was a little sad because he wasn't in my area since we were on exchanges, but I didn't care. It was amazing to see his testimony develop. BUT!!! The story gets cooler! Yesterday, Elder Lehman and Elder Dewey inform us that Sysco lives in our area. So the very 1st person I ever commited and asked to be baptized, IS being baptized and it's in our area! I'm so excited. I've never been so excited and loved being a missionary so much. Its fun going door to door and teaching people and stuff, but oh man...nothing compared to that! So that's my pretty cool story. Thanks again for all the support. I love you all.
Love -Elder Woods

P.S. I don't know if this is something that usually happens, but if you could maybe mention Jim and Arlene Cantrell in your prayers it would really be appreciated. They are investigators who are SOOOO close. They know that it's true. We are having a ward fast for them, but I think they could use some prayers. Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Dena said...

What a great experience. He sounds like is is doing awesome!! I love the picture!!

vicki said...

Sweeeeet! He is so excited to serve, and having wonderful results. Love these missionaries!

•stephanie• said...

sounds like the "future" is NOW! way to go elder woods. he's setting that place on fire! we love happy stories, don't we?

{jennifer} said...

How cool is that? I am so happy Brad is enjoying his mission and that he is an answer to prayers by following the promptings of the spirit. Way to go Idaho:)

Countdown