Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"GET THE CRAP OFF MY PROPERTY!"

This morning while I was checking on my e-mail I received this e-mail from Brad:
1st off, I was going to send pictures, but I forgot my camera cable. :( Sorry. I will send some next tues. Well, let me you tell the one thing that ran through my head all day yesterday, "WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON? WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?!" haha. I was so lost. Well we got off the plane and met President Yardley and his wife a.k.a. The nicest people on the face of the earth. Than we had lunch (way good) and went to a meeting, met our trainer, and were out in the work that night. My trainer is Elder Grant. He's awesome. Ok, so the 1st house we knock on, my first chance and example of missionary work, "Hi we're elders from the ch..." "GET THE CRAP OFF MY PROPERTY!" [door slams]. WOW! I wanted to sit down and cry. Sucked so bad. Next house however, ends up being a member who used to run a business selling ties, but gave up so he has 1,000's of ties he gives out to the missionaries! I got some pretty sweet ties. Then we went and taught some member and part member families with one of the ward mission leaders (I think). Oh! I'm in the town of Middleton by the way. Its got about 5 people and 40,000,000 animals. haha. Its got more people than that. [in magic johnson voice] But naw, It is way farmy. <--word? The mission area is called Caldwell. EVERYTHING here is green!!! Literally as far as you can see till the mountains its green. Its crazy. It rained alot yesterday, and its way windy today. The weather is crazy. Well I'm glad I'm here and I'm safe. I love you all and thanks for the encouragement. So after I received this message I called Steve to see if he got the e-mail and he said he responded back to Brad and Brad responded back so I asked Brad about his address, his bike (he will pick it up on Friday) and he sent this answer back:
Well they said they only want things going through the mission office. I guess they had some problems with other elders sending stuff straight to their home. I dunno. I live in the basement of Sister Callahan. (A very sweet elderly sister). It's actually pretty nice. The ward members built like a little house under hers. I'll show you when I send pics.
I asked how far he was to the mission home and can he get his packages in a timely manner and this was his final response:
We are way far from the mission home. But if you send it priority or 1st class, it'll go straight to my house I'm pretty sure. I gotta go. love ya bye.
Chattin with Brad two days in a row. I am a happy mom!!!

6 comments:

•stephanie• said...

so glad he got to where he's going, but it makes me wanna lay the smack down on the guy who yelled at him. i'm such a mom!

Courtney said...

WHOOHOO...Brad sounds so good! Too bad for the guy who threw him off his property...he missed out on meeting a great guy who could introduce him to salvation! Holy Cow! Tell him to hang in there...I am sure he will get a lot more of those! But, otherwise...what good times!

{jennifer} said...

Email is soooo cool, it would have been nice to have that with dad and Sean, Huh? Sure beats 3 weeks later snail mail. Apparently "get the crap off my property" is Idaho's way of saying welcome, make yourself at home:) People can be so mean, for heaven sakes just don't open your door satan (and no that name does not justify being capitalized)!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's already officially in the mission field! I'm glad that you're a happy mom right now Janet! And from Jennifer's comment it sounds like you wrote Steve on his mission?? I didn't know that!

Anonymous said...

hey sister woods!
this is Ashley lowder (starr) lol just got married. Karl just told me about this little blog of brad's I absolutely love it! I just thought i'd let you know that he's in our prayers and that I'm really glad you have this fun blog! I'll be reading it often!

vicki said...

OHHHH I'm so jealous! Brad left this morning for Joao Pessoa, and I've checked my email about 100 times, but I guess the Church is still true!! I thought maybe they would have him let us know all is good. Your Brad sounds fabulous. And these blogs are the greatest!

Countdown