Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Week two - Mountain goats, musicals and trek

ok mom. I'm gonna attach a photo. you can put this on the blog if you want. But look at this! haha. We taught this guy yesterday. (ed. note...I don't think he means the goat??!!) Its almost as good as the three story trailer. Erich will be envious.


Ok. So week two is amazing. I'm just gettin used to missionary life but its so fun. We have alot of investigators. They are all SOOOO close to getting baptized. We just have to keep working with them. My favorite part of this are the members. They are amazing!!!! Every ward and meeting has a huge focus on missionary work and helping the missionaries. Its awesome. One ward in particular is on fire; Middleton 5th Ward. They have had 6 baptisms the last 2 months. We also have about 6 golden investigators there. It really helps to have amazing members who do everything they can to help the investigators and missionaries. We just got a really cool statistic given to us. The national average for US baptisms is 4-5. The average for this mission is 12-13. Way awesome! The stake is doing an awesome trek next week. (one of our investigators is going. so excited!) It sounds way cool. One of the coolest things we have going is "Joseph Smith The Prophet Musical". It is being performed this Saturday and we have all our investigators going. It looks amazing. It was written by Rob Garner too, who always writes awsome stuff. It should be a really great spiritual experience. My personal favorite thing I'm looking forward to though, is July 8. All the missionaries in the mission get to go to the VIP week tour of the Twin Falls Temple. I'm way excited. I get to see all the missionaries I came out of the MTC with. Anyways, Its goin great and I'm loving my mission. Thanks so much for all the support and love. I love you all and hope the best for ya. -Elder Woods

4 comments:

•stephanie• said...

a happy boy - what good news!

Peg and Parker said...

Brad looks great! He seems happy and working hard. That's a success formula. Bless him.

Dena said...

I'm not sure how I came across your blog, but I love finding another elder serving in the same mission as my son...Elder Dewey. He just got transfered to Caldwell/Middleton, I believe he covers both areas. He has been out for 17 months. He finally had a chance to meet Sister Waltman. She found me on the Russian MM's website becasue we both have son's serving in Russia. She takes great care of our missionaries!! Elder Dewey was able to leave her home with homemade raspberry jam, his favorite!! Anyway, nice job on your blog and good luck!!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that Brad is having a great experience! I can't believe all of the adventures that the class of DRHS '07 has gone through already. He will do amazing! ;o)

Countdown