Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boise Bound!!

Brad called from the airport this morning on his way to Boise. I was preparing my YW's lesson and watching "Labor of Love" and doing some crying when the call came. Poor Brad, he must think that I cry all day. It took me a minute to recover, but then it was our entertaining as usual Bradley. We chatted about music, movies, the MTC "the best 3 weeks of his life", and his lack of conveying mission information. He said, "Mom, lets talk about something else and you can just read about my mission when I get home". He has been writing in his Journal every night, so maybe he can just copy it and send it home. I told him I was doing another Missionary Lesson this Sunday and what advise could he give my Beehives. I was amazed that he answered in complete sentences about delivering a message as a friend and no matter what, leaving the person with a desire to become closer to Christ. WOW, he will be an apostle in no time. He was so "Brad". During our little chat he stopped talking and said, "They are playing Miles Davis over the speakers", and then a little later he dropped the phone and then came back on and asked if I watched "Hero's" because a guy on Hero's just walked by. He said the flight was oversold and they kept asking if the missionaries plans were "flexable"???? Are the gate agents new? It was the first time in Brad's flying life that he actually got on an overbooked flight. After he got a few phone numbers he then said "I'll talk to you at Christmas". So only 6 months and 22 days until we get to know what is happening in Boise.

0 comments:

Countdown