Tuesday, June 3, 2008

High time I posted...

I just wanted to add to my mom's post. (Keep reading, it's right below this post. :) )

I too got to speak to Brad and it was awesome. We only talked for about a minute, but it was way fun. He was definitely his normal self, just way more mature. He talked to me about Heroes also, reprimanding me for not watching it. What a goof. He asked me what I was up to and when I said "getting ready to go to work," he said, "That's funny. Me too!" I love this kid. He asked me for Jen's phone number and I said "480-" and then paused. While I know Jen's number by heart (I swear, Jen, I really do.) I had one of those "Oh crap, what if I accidentally give him the wrong number and I'm the one responsible for him and Jen not getting to talk" moments. I opened my cell phone just to double check so I didn't feel like an idiot. Anywho, so when I paused he said, "Oh it's 480. That's helpful. I'll just try every 7 digit combination possible." So he's just as sarcastic as ever. :) I asked him if he got my letter and he said, "Yeah, hopefully when I get to Boise, I'll have more time to write because I've been studying nonstop for the last three weeks. They are so marked up and full and....cool." It was so great to hear that. He sounds so happy!

Anyways, it was really fun to talk to Brad. I had a super long day today and it was an awesome way to start the day. I'm not sure I wouldn't have been a very happy camper today without talking to Brad. Our Heavenly Father knows right when to send us blessings!

1 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Haha! This happens to me a lot so after you have kids you can count on a good percentage of your brain not functioning properly:) The other day I was writing my address and it looked weird so I had to ask Sean (like he ever knows without looking at his phone:) and it was right. So now not only am I having brain delays but I am also confusing myself further. So sad.

Countdown