Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another call

June 3rd 9:38am.
My phone starts ringing and I am standing next to it in the kitchen. I glance at the caller id and it says pay phone and an 801 area code. Since we get telemarketers calling everyday (yes I am on the useless do not call list!@!) I decide to ignore it. However I am arguing with the little voice in my head which says- You should probably answer that. Me: No it is just a telemarketer, I don't know anyone in Utah. Voice: Hmmm... true but you should pick up the phone. (I am talking to myself and admitting it!! The 1st step is admitting you have a problem:) So the answering machine picks up and this is what I hear:
"Hi! This is Elder Woods and I'd like to share a message with you about Jesus Christ..."
Of course I snatched up the phone and said "Brad!!!! I thought you were a telemarketer!" To which he responded "Well, I kind of am. I am selling Jesus." We talked and laughed for a few seconds and then I gave the phone to Alexis and she got to ask him how he was and where he was going and then we told him goodbye and good luck. He promised to write us a lot which I should have clarified since I was told that when he left and how many letters have we got? Um, yeah just one. But we are sooo happy he is busy and really enjoying the mission so far! After I hung up the phone I looked over and Alexis was bawling and said she missed Brad and wanted him to come home. I told her Brad can't come home yet and he gets to go be a missionary ( in a annoying happy voice)! This cheered her up and she said "Oh, yeah like Britt!" It was so fun to hear from him and I agree with Emily, he sounded just as funny but more mature.

0 comments:

Countdown