Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Got Gophers?



This is outside the Tanner's home. We found a gopher in there yard and on the way home found this sign. so we picked it up and put it in there yard. haha. They're awesome. I love the Tanners.

(Last week I recieved this message about the Tanner family. If you are the Tanner's neighbor's, I'm sure he is talking about the Tanner's "other" neighbor)

Ok, this was the funniest thing on the face of the earth. seriously, I cried laughing. So we were at the Tanners (my favorite family in Idaho) and their really annoying neighbor came over. Sister Tanner told her husband to make him leave. He opens the door and the 1st thing I notice is this guy has a gut the size of a hot air balloon. a.k.a He fat! So as Bro Tanner is asking him to come back later, their little girl Sam (3-4) runs up to the door and points at his belly and asks, "are you gonna have a baby? He's having a baby mommy! or puppies." I was crying laughing. haha I thought you'd enjoy that story.

Ok, pretty awesome week. Remember how we got that baptism for Sysco? Now we got two more! Yes! We have been teaching this couple named Jim and Arleen Cantrell. They are former Jehovah's Witness's. Apparently they had a pretty bad falling out with that church and were looking for something new, when two elders tracked into them back in March! ya, We've been working with them a while. Well to make a long story short, last week we asked (again) them to be baptized. After they said yes, we asked them to fast on Sunday and see if it was the right thing. When we saw them come into church the next day, their countenance was completely different than I had ever seen it. They were still fasting, but we knew their answer. They stayed all three hours. At the very end of the third meeting, Arleen turned to us and said, "we need to be baptized. Saturday at 4" It was so awesome!!! This week we are meeting with Cysco to plan his baptism on Sat. I'm actually going on exchanges with Elder Dewey. We've been on two exchanges so far and both times I've gone with Elder Lehman to their area. But now I'm being left alone in my area to prepare for Elder Grant probably being transfered soon. So a little scary, but on the plus side, I get to drive! Woo hoo! haha. Well thanks for the love and support.
I love you all.
-Elder Woods

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

let me just say i hope i never meet sam tanner! i don't want any questions from her!

Dena said...

Darling pic...Brad looks like he is doing great. BJ didn't like the attention to how short of time he has left...he doesn't want to come home.

**I fixed the "o" in Woods and the blog is now working. Thanks!

Countdown