Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Big Brother is Watching!

Ok, so TONS has happened and it's been completely insane. Elder Woodside arrived on Wed. He's cool. He's been out 18 months so he misses home a little. But he's a hard worker. He's from Taylor AZ. Two AZ's! Crazy! Anyways, we've been visiting and teaching people like crazy. I've been trying really hard to help Elder Woodside learn the area and the wards. Jim and Arleen Cantrell recently went to the Twin Falls open house and loved it. I'm sure it helped Jim a ton. I think I am going to try to set a date with him for August 9th. That will give us a lot of time to help him grow his already strong testimony. So this is crazy, a few days ago, we got a call on our cell phone telling us to be at the Kimball building at 9:30 so they could put a black-box in our car. WHAT?! So yesterday we went and learned what it's for. It measures your speed, location, starts and stops, and tons of other stuff. Pretty crazy. I guess only two other missions have them. It has this really annoying key-pad that sits right on our cup-holders. Where am I gonna put my Sonic? haha. Anyways, (this is where it gets really crazy), today we recieved a call from the zone leaders telling us that Elder Dewey (one of my zone leaders) would be going to Nampa to be a zone leader there because an elder got injured and had to go home. This means that Elder Woodside and I will now be in a three-some with our zone leader Elder Lehman (my trainers trainer a.k.a. my grandpa). So now were going crazy figuring everything out. We now cover an entire stake. Which is awesome because I just learned my area, so now its almost tripled. UGH...Oh well. Anyways, other than the crazyness, its awesome. I gotta run, we're transfering today. We'll be living at the zone leaders house so we got a TON to do today. Thanks for the support. I love you all. -Elder Woods

(We got this picture of Brad from his friend Whitney. Brad said to Whitney "The next picture is a pair of $100 jeans (she found on wicked sale. but I still like to say they were $100. They're some big fancy brand. I dunno. Way cumfy!) a member gave to me. ya...I DO look good." It is funny because he hated jeans and would never wear them. They were probably $5 jeans from DI :-) and they just wanted this AZ boy to look more Idahoish, j/k thanks to the thoughtful member who thought of and bought jeans for Bradley)

3 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Wow Brad in jeans??? Missionaries really will do anything! He looks very nice in his fancy pants!

Dena said...

Love the picture!! Dang those transfers!!! BJ thought he would be there for a while. He was pretty surprised but always willing to go where he's needed. It was so fun having Brad and BJ in the same area and we could share notes. It's great that Brad is companions with another Elder from AZ. He sure sounds like he is doing awesome! You are great in updating it so quickly.

Dena said...

BJ is pretty bummed he is getting transfered. He was really enjoying all the elders in his district and zone. I told him his mission president probably got a hold of one of those pictures with the four of them in their tye dye t-shirts and saw they were having too much fun and decided he had to move that Elder Dewey out there before he causes any more trouble! haha.

Countdown