Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Week-End Fireworks

Ok, so because of the temple trip tomorrow, we don't get a p-day,so we were given an hour to write today. Eh, I'll take what I can get right? Ok. So awesome stuff has been happening. 4th of July was one of the most fun 4th of July's I've ever had. Maybe even the most. We went to a parade and had an awesome BBQ at the Drapers (who brought some non-members. SWEET!) and watched some sweet fireworks. Way cool. On Saturday we had Francisco's baptism. It was amazing! I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I was a little nervous, but that's what he wanted. His friend Coy Webber baptized him. We expected maybe 9 or 10 people to be there (it being 4th of July weekend and all) but 50-60 people showed up! and alot of people brought food and stuff. It really was amazing. Later we went to Jim and Arleen Cantrells to set up their baptism. This was bitter sweet. Arleen was so excited for her baptism and so ready, but Jim decided he wasn't ready. He said he needed some more time. So we had a big fast for him Sunday. Arleens baptism on Saturday might change his mind. Who knows. The next day I actually gave Francisco the Holy Ghost. It was intense. Something I'll never forget. It was a total honor.
Well tomorrow is the temple trip. I'm very excited. Sorry this is short.
I'll throw in alot of pics.
Love you
all! -Elder Woods







The tie dye shirts were designed for my district by Sister Tanner. haha. (mine's the coolest. If you can't tell what it is. It's the
Beatles album Rubber Soul.) And then 4th of July at the Drapers.





That's Sysco (in the white. haha) He's a great kid. Well that's
it. I hope your all doing well, I don't have any time to email, but I
will next week. I love you all. -Elder Woods

2 comments:

Dena said...

Such great pics...I just had to steal them...check out BJ's post! This is how desperate I have become since it has been months that BJ has sent any pictures home.
Thanks,
Dena
P.S. cool tye dye shirts!!

vicki said...

Yea for Arleen! We'll be praying for Jim. He'll feel the spirit. Way to go Elder Woods!

Countdown