Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Temples and Tears

(From the Mom)
Since I knew that the VIP open house was last week, I decided to google it and see if there were any pictures. I found this cute blog by the Nielson Family. (bnielsonfamily.blogspot.com) Sister Nielson had been asked to take a picture of all the missionaries in front of the Twin Falls Temple. Her description of that experience is amazing and that along with this picture made me cry. If I get her permission I will post her testimony and remarks. Thank you Sister Nielson!!


Brad is on the top row, 10th from the right

To continue the cry fest, this morning I checked my e-mail and found this from the Bishop's wife of one of the Middleton Wards that Brad serves in (I think the 5th ward):

"Hi Sister Woods,

We were just having a fun moment with the Elders tonight. Elder Grant is getting transferred and so we were taking pictures. Your son is so fun to have around. He is so funny telling us about his "connections". Ask him about that! He is a great missionary and we are so glad you have shared him with us! We love him.

Sincerely,
Melanie Waltman"



Thank you Sister Waltman. I am so grateful for wonderful, thoughtful members who love our missionaries and send pictures to us "sonsick" moms.

4 comments:

{jennifer} said...

I love the Internet! How cool!

•stephanie• said...

Lucky you! I doubt if I'll ever get an email from Carlos or Carlos. I do get to "talk" to Drew's companion's mom, though. That helps. That photo is the best!

banielson said...

This is Annie Nielson the photographer that took the missionary photo in front of the temple. I am sorry to have not sent some sort of reply sooner, but our computer crashed about a week ago and we are still trying to recover documents from it and get it up and running again. You absoulutely have my permission to post the photo or my blog address with the photo. Please forward it to any other missonaries/moms you know. When I posted it one of my first thoughts was I wish all of the missionary moms could see this. I was so happy to get your comment and see that someone had. I have a brother in law who just returned from his mission in St.Petersburg Russia last week and a brother who will be returning from Bilboa Spain in 1 month. I know how these moms love and miss their missionaries and any little bit of info is happily received. So please pass this on. Once our computer is up and running again and I have access to all of my photo files I will email you a copy of the photo.

banielson said...

sorry, just one more comment, I have an uncle who is a bishop of one of the Middleton wards I would be interested to see if your son knows him or serves in his ward. His name is Chris Staley....Just curious.

Countdown