Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Man named Derrin

Hello!
How is everyone doing? Since I can't read or hear your responses, I'll assume everyone said "totally awesome!" at the same time. haha.
This week has been really good...and not so good. Not so good only because I caught some flu bug. Not fun. But now that parts over. It was REALLY good because of a man named Derrin. We've met with him only a few times, but each time is one of the most spiritual experiences ever. The 1st time we taught him he said, "I know what your saying is true because I can feel it. I can feel a warmness in my chest and an overall good feeling". The next time we taught him he said, "I prayed and read the scriptures SO much and know for a fact that they are true (see Moroni 10:4). I have NEVER felt this happy before in my life!" The next time we taught him I just straight up asked him, "do you wanna get baptized?" He responded with, "yes. I know its true and I need to be". We were about to ask him to pray about a date for it to happen when he said, "I feel like next Saturday is when I need to be baptized". So this Sunday is his baptism. I've never seen anyone more excited for baptism. He came to church and I was like, "there are three classes each an hour long so, but they're all awesome" (fearing that he would think 3 hours is WAY too long) but he said, "oh man, its only 3 hours?" He's awesome. He asked me to baptism him and elder Anderson to give him the Holy Ghost. It was amazing.
This week we did a ton of service and went up to Elgin and Enterprise.We went to Enterprise because we're trying to get work moving up there because President is thinking about putting a set of missionaries up in Enterprise. That would be cool. I'll miss that drive though. haha.Its beautiful.
Saturday we went to the wedding of Trish and Weston Somonis. Trish is about to get baptized by the other La Grande missionaries and Wes is the guy I got to jam with on P-day (member).
Well, that about sums up this week, Happy June everyone! Hope everything is "totally awesome!" haha.
-Elder Woods
No pictures again so here are a couple of video clips he sent home.

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

guys named derrin rock.
drew could use one right about now.

vicki said...

Everything in his letter was so awesome... except the flu bug. Don't you just hate it when you can't be there?

Countdown