Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hi Mom, Don't Freak Out or There's Really Far Away, And Then There's John Day





























Hello everyone!


So this week=CRAZY! Oh man. Its been pretty jam packed with crazy.


Wednesday, we get a phone call from Elgin saying, "hey a young woman up here wants to get baptized and has been taught all the lessons" (sound familier? Look at the blog when I was in Oakley and we baptized a girl named Tyree Carson). So we went up and met her. She's pretty excited.


Thursday was district meeting. It was my 1st time leading the meeting so I was pretty nervous, but it went really well. After that is when the crazy started. Anderson went back with the other Elders and I stayed with the Elders in Baker. I had to go with them all the way to John Day to do a baptisimal interview. Oh man. John Day. This is a total bustling metropolis. haha. On the cool side, it IS the western-most part of the mission and Grouse Creek IS the eastern most part of the mission. So it' pretty cool cause now I've been on both. Time for North and South. haha. (I actually think McCall is north). I had a lot of fun with elder Kaler and Doan on the way there. It's a long trip, but very beautiful. The interview was great. The young lady was very prepared and ready for baptism. (she was baptized Sat)

Friday we drove back to Baker and the Zone Leaders picked me up and took me back to La Grande so they could interview someone for us. KAREN! Hooray! The interview also went good and she too was baptized on Saturday. a Great baptism. Elder Anderson gave a talk on baptism and I spoke on the Holy Ghost. Her friend David Drake baptized her. I don't know if I've seen anyone as nervous as he was. haha. (He's a recent convert)

On Sunday, we drove up to Elgin and set a date (JUL 11) with the girl getting baptized and drove back down to La Grande for Karin's confirmation (which Elder Anderson performed).

Yesterday was top crazy. We had a pretty full day. A lot of service, some great lessons, etc. Anyhoo, at 6:00, my stomach started hurting REALLY bad. But I was like, "eh, this is nothing new". So we went to dinner and I thought it would get better. WRONG! Way worse. In fact after dinner I had to have Elder Anderson drive me to the emergency room (I hate that term. It makes everything sound so much worse. There should be like a mediocre pain room. Emergency room sounds like your head is ripped off and your carrying it in. That's an emergency! haha) and I got all checked in.They think it might be appendicitis, but maybe not. I'm ok now. But if it starts hurting again I gotta run back. I had to get blood drawn.(Brad HATES needles, when he was little he would hide under a chair to get away from the shots. I think he is too big to do it now, or he would have). I went to a doctor and all he did was take blood from me. Don't go see Dr. Acula! haha. But all was good. Prayer works and miricles happen. even if you dont know how to spell miricle. haha.

Love ya all!

-Elder Woods

A big thank you to President Yardley. He called Brad this morning and told him to give us a 5 minute call to let us know what was going on. When the phone rang with a long distance # and "LDS Mission" on the caller ID, I knew it couldn't be good. Brad's first words were, "Hi Mom, don't freak out." I did of course. He was more worried about my reaction then how he was feeling. I am so grateful for wonderful Mission Presidents and the power of Priesthood blessings. When he went to Urgent Care (The Holy Rosary Clinic) last time I only found out because it was on his debit card. I am grateful for the heads-up and we look forward to talking to Brad again at Christmas.








1 comments:

•stephanie• said...

sorry he was/is sick, but way glad you got to talk to him. at least he's in civilization and can get real medical treatment! he'll be in our prayers for a speedy/full recovery.

Countdown