Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Howdy from Oregon

Big Fish
Awesome Darrin

Oregon Cowboy


Hello everyone!


How is yall? I hope well. This week has been pretty unpredictable. Which is good. It keeps ya on your toes.


Wednesday, we went to go meet with Darren and when we got there, his neighbor was there. and Darren is like, "ya, I invited me neighbor over to come hear the good word!" haha, oh man. He's so awesome. So we picked up a new investigator because of our recent convert. That is neat!


Thursday after district meeting in Baker, we drove out to Elgin and did some service. We also met with a man who's wife is going through Chemo. The doctors found a cancer spot on an x-ray, later that day she had a Priesthood blessing, they went in to do a second x-ray and the spot was...[lame pun warning] spotless! haha. But it was really cool to hear about that.


Friday, ok, Friday...we went to a family to go do some service. They told us on the phone that it was cleaning up the lawn. We thought, "how bad can that be? plus there will be four of us". So we get over there and he gives us 4 weed eaters, 2 lawn mowers, battle ax, helmet, tommy gun, ok, not the last things, but we could have used them. It was SERIOUSLY like walking into the amazon jungle! oh man! I was cutting weeds and I got attacked by Aborigines, lions, tree huggers, it was crazy! It ended up taking 4 HOURS!! After that, we went and painted someone's office for them. This was a little more fun. Other then the fact that I was SUPER tired. For dinner we had an Elders Quorum BBQ and Darren and his neighbor came.


Way cool.The rest of the week I was with Elder Murphy. He was getting transferred Monday morning so he was with me since we're closer to the transfer spot.


Sunday we met with Karen and began to set up her baptism for this SAT!!! ya!!! Her interview is this Fri. She's so awesome.

Well, I gotta run. This up coming week will be one of the craziest of my mission. So get excited!

Love ya all!

-Elder Woods

1 comments:

vicki said...

Yep, I'm excited for this upcoming week for him! I love reading this blog!

Countdown