Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What is this whole "winter" thing?


(I do NOT know where he got this suit, sun glasses and tie. Maybe he snuck it out of his dad's closet. It looks just like the one Steve wore the day we got married!!! Elder 70's Disco Halloween costume???)





So this whole past week has really been pretty awesome. We had a lot of great lessons (and even some blessings) the whole time. Wednesday was zone conference. It was amazing (as usual haha). We watched part of a documentary called "Journey of Faith". Its all about Lehi and Nephi and they're journey to the promised land. It was actually really really cool. I highly recommend it...if you like documentaries. But than we talked about how yes, it's really interesting and proves a lot, but will it help strengthen our testimony? no. We can look at all the facts in the world as to how the Book of Mormon is true, but we won't know for sure until we do as Moroni prompts us to. Which is to read and pray about it. Pretty awesome. On Thursday, we did an exchange with an AP (assistant to president). He came down from 4:30 Thursday to 4:30 Friday. We were in a three-some. It was really a lot of fun. There was a lot I can learn from Elder Hoxie. He's a great missionary. As soon as that exchange ended, we had another exchange where Elder Selden went to Rupert and Elder Wenzel came to Paul with me. We had a lot of fun. Elder Wenzel is super funny/awesome. And he's Canadian! eh! Our week was topped yesterday when we went to a lesson of somebody we've been teaching for a while, and the 1st thing she said to us was, "I want to be baptized. In three weeks. I've been reading the Book of Mormon and praying and I want to get baptized and change my life" WOW! So that was pretty amazing. Well I gotta run. Hope you all enjoy Halloween. I'm banking on people trick-or-potatoing here. haha.
Love ya all!
-Elder Woods







2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

that picture doesn't even look like brad to me. so happy to hear of all the work they are getting done and if the weather in idaho has been anything like it was in salt lake this weekend . . . lucky elder woods. it was beautiful. happy trick-or-spudding!

Dena said...

Happy trick-or-potatoing...Idaho is rubbig off, lol.
I love the pictures! Good Work Elder Woods.

Countdown