Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HOLY SNOWS-US BATMAN!!!




The City of Rocks
So transfers were on Wed, except we transfered Tuesday since I am in the same zone. I already somewhat knew Elder Selden (pretty cool guy), and saw our new area. We cover Paul/Heyborne. We met some of the people and they seem pretty cool. Alot of newly wed or nearly dead. haha. Friday was one of my favorite days of my mission because of one amazing event I'll never forget. We had taught Shawnee Hardman in Grouse Creek a few weeks back, and her baptism was on Friday. This was also my sister Emily's birthday. Happy Birthday!!! I went down to Oakley with Elder Felesi (from Hawaii. ya!) and we got to attend that. When we entered the door of the stake center, Bishop Tanner said to me, "Elder Woods. Are ya ready to get wet?". [my initial response] "what the crap?!" haha. Apparently, her Grandpa was going to baptize her, but broke his leg or something the day before and I was the next choice. I had the honor or baptizing Shawnee Hardman. A girl and event I will never forget. I hope I see her again some day down the road. So that was pretty crazy. But the next day and SUPER crazy! Almost 2 feet of snow!!! What?! IT was insane! I had received my warm clothes stuff a little earlier. Perfect timing! It snowed heavy the entire day! But the next day it had already began to melt. Today its almost gone. But it was pretty insane. Gave me a little preview of winter. So this weeks been crazy, but pretty awesome. I hope all is well for you all. I love ya tons.
-Elder Woods

3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

snow stinks, but an unexpected baptismal opportunity rocks!

Colleen Coleman said...

Slam DUNK way to go Elder Woods.

Dena said...

A BAPTISM...YAY! Great Job Elder Woods!

Countdown