Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy December







Hey yall! How's dem dare tankgiven stuff treatin ya? haha. I hope well. My thanksgiving was super fun. In the morning, all the elders in the zone met up and played volleyball, then we came back to our apartment and made waffles. Then we did something I never thought or imagined I would do on a mission. We (all 19-20 year old guys) played hide and seek. Holy mad it was fun though! haha. We played tons of variations like sardines, and zombie, and man it was crazy. haha. (I know, it sounds super weird. But trust me, tons of fun.) After that, my comp and I went out to the McCurdy's and ate some turkey. Way good. They were watching Wall-E while we put a HUGE puzzle together. It was pretty fun. Than my comp and I met up with the Rupert elders and went out to a family named the Shirts and ate there. TONS of fun. Played board games and air hockey. So my T-day was really a lot of fun. The next night, we met up with the Rupert elders again and went out to the big Rupert Christmas celebrations. This is where the pics are from. The 1st is blury you might say, true. But doesn't it remind you of the saturday night live opening? haha. The next one was the firework show and christmas tree. Santa came and turned all the lights on. Pretty swell. The last one is me and Elder Gebhart. You might notice I look like an eskimo and he is wearing a light jacket. ya, I'm from Arizona and he's from Minnisota. haha. He's an awesome kid though I love him. Other than the parties and stuff, the work is going great. I'm loving every minute of it ( I think I'd love it MORE if it wasn't so cold) but hey, I'm hoping I'll get used to it so when I get home I can wear shorts year round. Whoo! haha. Well, I love ya'll tons and hope all is well for ya!



-Elder Woods

3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

lucky! no thanksgiving dinners in mexico. but no {legitimately} freezing temperatures either.

Janiece said...

Great Post...Funny!
My daughter and the McCurdy's are very good friends!
This was the first year that I went to the Rupert Christmas lighting. It was really alot of fun!!
I am glad your Elder is enjoying his mission, and the members are taking good care of him.

Dena said...

Brad's blog is so fun to read. He is really enjoying his mission. What wonderful members. I know BJ is going to miss all the spoiling. He now has to come home to his mom's cooking...oh no!
Growing up in Az, I'm not sure if Brad will ever get used to the cold winters.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Countdown