Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bowled Over







Hello! This week has been so awesome! We've had some awesome lessons, met some super cool people, and did alot of service. But Saturday was really the highlight. It was basically the most fun day of my mission. We helped at the Special Olympics Idaho Bowling competition. We each covered two lanes and multiple bowlers and were there to encourage, help, and ensure a good time. Basically it was 3+ hours of cheering, clapping, jumping up and down (more so me. Not too many other elders did that one. haha), and hanging out with the coolest kids on the earth. The kid who is super happy [see picture] was one of my favorites and taught me a HUGE lesson. We would get that excited EVERY BOWL. The thing is, his score was about a 3. He couldn't have cared less what his score was, he just had an absolute blast being there and being able to bowl! He was so awesome! IT really was just a ton of fun. I made some great friends I can't wait to see again. Well, I hope all is well for all of you. I learned we have a new african american pres and that Prop 8 passed. I was so happy about Prop 8. Well, I love you all and miss ya tons!
-Elder Woods

1 comments:

vicki said...

I think that Elder Woods helped give the sweet boy in the picture one of the best days of HIS life! Can't you just see him jumping up and down? Love it.

Countdown