Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The definition of random...

...Is probably this blog entry.


Or at least the pictures in it. Let me explain them first:



1st - The Cow

This cow was in the middle of town. We saw it at the gas station and it walked across main into someones front yard. Yes, I thought it was really weird, everyone else thought it was totally normal. haha.



2nd - The Accordian




This was at a members house we had dinner at...its incredibly random. But she did let me play it, and it's as weird (if not more weird) than one could possibly imagine.



3rd - The Oakley Sign


I haven't taken a pic of an Oakley sign, so I thought I'd jump on it. My favorite part of this sign is the bottom, where it says, "Gateway to City of Rocks" a.k.a "You have to drive through here to get somewhere else. We're only in the way" haha. I love Oakley though. It truly is an amazing place.


4th - The Grouse Creek Ward Sign



Yes! This week we finally got out to Grouse Creek Utah. Elder Tanner and I were the 1st Idaho Boise Missionaries in Utah...legally. It was somethin' else. There was about 30 people there, the majority being Labor Day visitors. Elder Tanner and I both spoke. Afterwards, we had dinner with the bishop and his wife. The members in Grouse Creek are amazingly faithful. No distance is too far and no task is too hard for them. They were also super nice.




Well, that's it for my pics, which actually sums up this week nice. Wednesday we had a lesson with the Gee's (an inactive couple who want to go to the temple. Which is actually where we're going later today. We'll be the 1st missionaries in the Twin Falls Temple. yes!) and it was great. They are basically the nicest people on the face of the earth. Seriously. I love them. We've been working with alot of less active people, and they're all great. (a trend I'm starting to see). So work is picking up. Its awesome. On labor daybor (for Emily) we were able to do a service project for our neighbors...on our house. Yes! haha. Its was fun. We did alot on it. Next week we're gonna start painting and stuff. I'll send pics. Well, I gots to run. I love you all. Thanks again for all the love and support. -Elder Woods



2 comments:

{jennifer} said...

The cow is hilarious and nothing says small town like an accordian:)

Dena said...

Wow! I haven't been able to keep up with Brad's blog...dealing with a few back/neck problems. I just have to say...WHAT AN AMAZING MISSIONARY!!! I love reading his posts and how he makes EVERY moment count, no matter where he is serving!! He is so fun and love his pictures. I sure wish I could get BJ to take a few!!

Countdown