Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big Celebration - Big Sheep - Big Mountains

Tyrae's Baptism (see last post for more information)


The Home Where Apostle David B. Haight Grew Up (Brad passes it almost every day)




Pretty awesome week. Tyrae's baptism was great. Other than Elder Tanner and I both getting really sick. I had been up the whole night before being sick, and it hit him AT the baptism. Horrible timing. But I got a pretty good laugh out of it. He was so close to making it to the bathroom before he puked. haha. But it was a really good baptism. Work has been good. We've been visiting alot of families and doing some teaching. A lot of sevice too. Its been fun. Today for P-day, the whole zone went out to the City of Rocks. It was amazing. It actually looked alot like Lord of the Rings. I was very surprised. But we had a lot of fun. Check out that sheep though! It looks like it hasn't been sheared since birth! haha. Well, Oakley is a great place. I've grown to love it. This Sunday, Elder Tanner and I are going down to Grouse Creek (or Crik haha) for the 1st time. Its a town of about 16 people with 15 members. haha/ It should be awesome. Stake conference is the week after that, and Elder Quinton L Cook is going to be there. Awesome! So it should be really cool. Thanks so much for the love and support you all give.
Love ya tons. -Elder Woods>


I failed to mention some things in the last blog. 1st off, the Twin Falls temple was dedicated on Sunday. It was absolutely amazing. Plus President Monson is one of the funniest people in the world. The night before that, was the youth cultural temple celebration. It was amazing. The kids were so into it and it was great. There was even a pretty big part about Oakley in it. YES! haha. I don't remember if I mentioned this, but we had our Mission Tour. Elder Kukuchi came and talked to us from 10 am to 6 pm. It was absolutely amazing. I have over 7 1/2 pages of notes. If I missed anything else I'll try to get it next week. Love ya. -Elder Woods

2 comments:

{jennifer} said...

It was so fun chatting with him today!

vicki said...

It's a good thing that moms don't know they are sick WHEN they are sick! At least he's laughing about it now.

Countdown