Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Llama Face"




Hello again everyone from Oakley, Idaho. The work here is awesome, yet really slow. Since its a small town, the whole area has been tracked about 40 billion times. Twice in the last month alone. So Elder Tanner and I are having to go about the work differently. Right now were trying to focus on service, and working with the leadership. It's something different that we're praying will yield success. Luckily, Elder Tanner is awesome. I couldn't imagine doing a slow area like this with someone I didn't like. ugh! haha. But he's way cool. We have one person trying to get baptized, but his work schedule is chaos. <-- (ch-i-ous?) haha. But he's a really cool guy. We cover 8 wards (Oakley stake). I thought memorizing 3 wards in Middleton was hard. Man! But I'm gettin it. So yesterday was Elder Tanner's birthday. YAY! It was fun. The biggest thing happening in the area from Twin falls down to here, is "Suessical the Musical". Which is actually in Oakley. and half of the city is in it. So we went to that last night cause they wanted us to, and they sang him happy birthday and it was awesome. Then we got home and our land lady's family brought him over a cake. It was way cool. Coming up is two cool things, but there not for a while. The temple dedication, which we don't get to go to. But we get to watch in the stake center. and the mission tour, were Elder Yoshi-hiku Kakuchi (butchered that) is coming. Pretty awesome. Well thanks again. I love you all. -elder woods


Elder Tanner (Voyager Ward, Val Vista Stake)

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i love the poses in missionary photos. so natural.

{jennifer} said...

Cool that he gets to do service right now instead of tracting! Mix it up a bit and we all know that service is a great way to share the Gospel!

vicki said...

I look so forward to the missionary posts every week, and Brad's never lets me down! He, I'm sure, is LOVED in every area he serves!

Anonymous said...

Elder Kikuchi was the general authority over the asian missions when I served in Japan a few years ago (25+). He came and taught all the elders in my zone on Okinawa at a zone conference. I sang a few new verses of "I Am a Child of God" written by one of the Japanese members for him.

Anonymous said...

mudkor is Uncle Daren

Countdown