Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rain, Drums and Small-Town Living

I would 1st like to start with the most ironic story of my mission so far. In my area, we cover View, Pella, Oakley, and Grouse Creek. We live in Oakley. Grouse Creek is about 1000000000 miles away, so we never go down there. (We have plans to go down either this Sunday or next). Pella and View are too far to go because of our mile constrictions, so we go out there only a few days a week. Well we went out Tuesday and decided, "hey, we're gonna be back on Thursday, why don't we leave our car here, use bikes Wednesday, and save a ton of miles?" Sounded awesome. right? Now let me jump back a little farther. I have wanted it to rain so bad here because I'm missing monsoon season in AZ. So (of course) the one day we decide to bike, it rains BIG time. It was pretty sweet. Work is a little slow. But we are following the example of Ammon and serving EVERYONE. Its pretty awesome and we know it will bring results eventually. It's going great though. I'm still adjusting to this small town feel. We had an exchange today and my zone leader (Elder Mortenson also from AZ. ya, over 50% from AZ. crazy.) came here and said it was without a doubt the smallest town in the mission. haha. But I love it. The people are really nice and very friendly. Last p-day was incredibly fun. We played ultimate frisbee as a zone, then spun on the crazy spinny thing (see pic). After some more fun stuff, we went to a members home who has a bowling alley in his house. He hosts a bunch of parties like graduations and stuff and bands play there. So while all the Elders ran to take lanes and bowl, I made a B-line to the electric drumset. Man it was SWEET! Then he brought out a REAL SET and we set it up. Way way way fun! Well, hope everything is great for y'all. I love ya tons.
-Elder Woods





3 comments:

{jennifer} said...

good thing he got his drum fix!

Marie said...

Glad he's doing good. So fun to keep up on him thru this blog. I do need to get an address for him though so we can write him a letter or something.

Dena said...

I love his weekly emails!! He is so much more detailed than BJ. I also love his pictures. I have to beg for pictures.
It sounds like he is doing awesome! A bowling alley inside a home...WOW! It sounds like the members will take great care of their elders.

Countdown