Wednesday, May 6, 2009

They were not making fun of Andy Griffith. This cannot be stressed enough.






















Hey everyone!
So I lucked out and got a last day in Payette. I leave tomorrow morning for La Grande Oregon...oragon...orange. I don't know how to spell it, but that's where I'm going. Its in a different time zone and WAY far from anyone else missionary-wise. My new comp is Elder Anderson. I've only met him a few times. He's 6'9". Crazy tall. I might be wearing a neck brace in a few weeks from looking up. Oh well. I look pretty forward to it. It should be fun.
But this week has been Pretty insane. (pretty with a capital P). Its been a lot of good-byes and pictures with people. I really will miss Payette. Its been my longest area and a TON of fun. There should be pictures of the Berrymans, the Youngbergs, Brother Fricke, Elder Boyes (going home thursday) and elder Wenzel (not going home Thursday, but one of my favorites), and...I can't remember what the other picture is. But it should be good. I'll include other pictures (of other families I gotta see tonight) next week. So I'll get down to the good story of the week. This Sunday (ya, another crazy Sunday). Jeremy came to church with us and we had a good time. It was pretty fun. It rained a little throughout the whole thing, but not too bad. During the second ward we went to is when the crazyness happened. So we're in class and the rain gets harder and harder. Then is the loudest rain I've ever heard. Why you ask? well, its because it was crazy huge HAIL and crazy strong wind! So I'm like, "yes, this is a really cool storm." I got some cool video of the hail. Anyways, this guy comes up and he's like, "well,there is a tornado warning for this area so we need to gather in the gym away from the windows". My companion (being from Missouri) is like a tornado expert and the hail all of a sudden stops and he turns to me and is like, "...its here..." OH MAN! I was so excited! It was totally gonna be like Twister. But, the tornado passed us. It was still pretty wild. After church on our drive home there were trees sideways,and branches in the road. It was pretty crazy.
Well, I gotta run.
I hope you all have a wonderfun mothers day and I'll talk to ya from LaGrande!
-Elder Woods

2 comments:

vicki said...

It's always so sad when they have to leave an area that they love, but maybe his hayfever will go away! Say hi to Elder Woods for me, and Happy Mothers Day to you, Janet!

Dena said...

Brad will love La Grande. It will be cooler weather and a little greener. He sure has traveled the full length of his mission.

Countdown