Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little Towns and Funny Signs

The Bakers



On the way to Enterprise

Driving to La Grande
Jeremy Jensen


Happy late Mothers Day again to everyone out there...that is a mother.
This week has been pretty hectic. I don't use that word lightly either. haha. So here's the run-down.
Wednesday was transfers and so we woke up wicked early and got to the transfer spot...and the AP's were WAY late. But there's no surprise there. haha. My ride however, was a brother from La Grande who had volunteered to take the missionaries up there. I don't remember his name or anything, but if your reading this, thanks again. Anywho, after departing from my son we made the LONG drive to La Grande. It is very different from any place I've served before. Very green, woodsy. A place one would imagine ents or hippies living. But I met Elder Anderson...he's WAY tall. I think I'm gonna have to carry a chair around to stand on when we take pictures so I don't look like Gary Coleman standing next to Sean Bradley. haha. Anyways, we met some cool people and got unpacked and stuff.

Thursday we went to Elgin (a little town we cover between Enterprise and La Grande). So we were up there contacting people and what not and we had planned to do service. So we go to the Opera house to help paint the set for Annie. I'm no Bob Ross, but it was pretty fun. The crazy part - (buckle your seat belt)..... So this lady is working on a piano in the pit and started talking to us. You know, the typical missionary questions. Well she asks me where I'm from and I respond Mesa AZ (go Mesa!), and she's like, "oh, my brother-in-law is from there. I know Mesa is huge and you probably don't know them but do you know any Forts? Like Milton and Elaine?" I'm like, "oh SNAP! That's my Aunt and Uncle!" So than she calls her brother-in-law Jason (my cousin) and I totally got to talk to him. I tried to convince him to come down to Elgin and "accidentally" meet up. haha. It was a really cool experience.

Well we stayed the night in Elgin and the next day heard of a service project going on so we're like, "ya we can do service". It was helping a family move. No big deal. To make a long story short, 5 hours later we left Elgin to drive back to La Grande. and your right, it shouldn't have taken 5 hours. We were kinda stuck though seeing as how we bummed a ride from someone.
ANYways,

Saturday
was pretty awesome. After doing progress records and stuff, we made our way up to Enterprise. Very beautiful drive and place. I had heard ALL about the drive and city in previous areas and it did NOT disappoint.

We went to church Sunday in Enterprise and had lunch with a way fun family. We drove back to La Grande and had dinner with a way cool family. Hooray for cool families!haha.
So

Sunday
was also very cool because I got to call home. This was WAY awesome. It's always so fun to hear from home on what's going on and stuff, and its SOOO much easier than writing. haha.


Yesterday we picked up a new investigator who is SUPER prepared. She loved everything we taught and was really really cool.

Well, that's my update. It might be the biggest one yet.


I love ya all and thanks for all you do!


-Love Elder Woods

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

it's a small world after all . . . it's a small, small world.
so, was it liberty's sister?

Brad's Mom said...

It was Liberty's sister Becky, who lives in Portland, but is in Elgin to direct the play for the next 6 weeks. I do want to go to Disneyland!!

Countdown