Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You Are In "Eye De Ho" (Think Music Man)

The Drapers '09
The Drapers '08





Hello everyone!

This week has been pretty good. The main focus on this past week was taking part in a mission musical about Christ. Now I know what you might be thinking (I think it everytime I talk about it), its not a broadway type musical with singing and dancing. If it was they wouldn't let me be in it. Probably because I would show up to the auditions dressed as a cast member from CATS!. haha.

People were split into 3 categories: Singers, narrators, and testimoniers...testimony givers...bearers of testimony...whatever.haha. I was a narrator and had to have my part memorized. I also had the longest part to memorize. This was not too fun. We had a practice on Monday where we were allowed to read from the script if we had to. I tried to see how far I could get off my memory, and made it to about the 3rd or 4th word before pulling out the script. I tried my hardest to continue memorizing it until I had it DOWN!...or so I though.


Thursday was the 1st show in Nampa. A roaring crowd of 8 people showed up (which was good. you'll see why). I got up to do my part and said the 1st 3/4ths with super confidence. That was it. Just 3/4ths of it. After that I completely blanked. I'm not sure how long I was up there, but it felt like YEARS! I was just standing there totally blank. (I wish I could have been in the audience. It must have been hilarious. haha). An Elder behind me had to say the next few words and it all came back to me and I finished, sat down, and cried myself to sleep.haha. So I continued practicing...ALOT!


On Sunday was the Middleton show. Longtime fans of the blog you will note that Middleton was my 1st area. It was WAY cool because TONS of people showed up and I totally remembered a bunch of them. Including the Drapers, one of my favorite families in the world (see picture). Anyways, after much prayer, I got up to do my part and NAILED it. It was awesome. I spent the rest of that night thanking my Heavenly Father for giving me strength and not looking like an idiot again. haha. That was really the highlight of the week.


Plus this bus I found that says "Jews for Jesus". I'm baffled at it too don't worry. haha. Pretty entertaining.


This Saturday we might have 3 baptisms (we had to postpone one because our investigator broke his collar-bone that day). It should be awesome. But I gotta run.
I love you all.




Thanks again for all you do.




-Elder Woods

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i hope brad pursues the jews for jesus.
sometimes the ones that aren't sure what they believe are the most likely to change.
go get 'em, elder woods!

The Draper Fam said...

Awesome blog, Elder Woods! It was so great to see you on Sunday. Can't believe you have already almost been out a year. You are a fantastic missionary and one of our absolute favorites! If only each of our sons turn out as cool, smart, talented, spiritual, etc. as you. We will keep following your blog all the time now and check ours out, too.

tomandmindydraper.blogspot.com

vicki said...

We have another Elder here from Idaho, (Meridian) he says its in the Boise Mission! I have fun looking at Brad's blog and asking the Elders if they know some of the members... and yes, they do!

Colleen Coleman said...

Brad IS a natural performer. He could play a cat and nail it. He could say his line in a box with a fox or in a boat with a goat on a moat and he would still do great. I love Brad he's the best.

Dena said...

So entertaining! Great job on all those baptisms!!

Countdown