Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Banjo, a Fat Guy and a Baptism






Hello one and all!
This week has been a week of many ups and downs. Its cool though. The work will go forth.

We had interviews on Wed and it sounds like I'm leaving. I have no idea where though. I'm guessing Boise or Nampa, which probably means I'll get sent to Oakley again or somethin. haha. That day we also had three baptismal interviews set up for our candidates...one showed up. One of us forgot another had a baseball and the other just straight up ditched us. It's ok.

Thursday and Fri we actually did quite a bit of service. We got roped into Friday's service by attending the scout auction dinner thing. It was actually way cool. This is where I played the banjo and looked like and idiot doing it.(but who can really look cool playing the banjo? You can give Van Halen a banjo and make him look like George McFly).

We helped some members in our ward move a shed. A whole shed. haha. It was pretty crazy. I don't have pictures because I didn't bring my camera. I thought we were moving stuff IN a shed. This was not the case. We had to lift it and put it on a trailer. It was pretty fun. haha.

Saturday was the baptism. It was really good. Matt (the guy getting baptized)actually said the talk on baptism. I've never seen that...ever! haha.It was pretty awesome.
We're still pretty hopeful about the other two and trying our hardest. One might be this Sat., but we don't know about the other.

Anyways, on Sunday, I awoke to learn what "hay fever" is. Um...this sucks for anyone who doesn't know what it is. Basically it's this disease that causes your face to explode. Not too fun. haha. I had never had allergy problems so it was all pretty new. I started taking this citrus burst flavored Alavert. But I've learned on my mission, that if medicine tastes good, it doesn't do crap. Which is the case here as well. But it does taste WAY good! haha.

Well, I gotta get running. Next week I will either be in my new area or about to be. I'll let you all know.

I love ya tons!
-Elder Woods

p.s. The fat guy is just some random fat guy elder Forsyth and I saw outside our window that made us laugh for like 1/2 and hour.

4 comments:

•stephanie• said...

if he needs a banjo to play upon returning, we've got him covered.

oh, and thanks for the translation.

john hatch is never around when i need him . . .

Colleen Coleman said...

The fat guy is standing by the piano. Maybe he's a music lover.

vicki said...

I laugh every week at Brad's letters. I'm sure the people in his area love him and hate for him to get trasferred!

Dena said...

Never a dull moment! I can't wait to find out where he will be transfered to next. What an amazing missionary!

Countdown