Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jersey Birdy?











Hello!
How is everyone? This week has literally been the most interesting week of my mission. Its been CRAZY! So I'll go day by day.

Monday- We picked up a new investigator named Whitney Cowhill. Her husband is a member and really a cool guy. I asked him what kind of music he listened to and he's like, "oh, I don't think you would know it. But have you ever heard of Coheed and Cambria or Chiodos?" hahaha.(two of my favorite bands ever) So we get along pretty well. It was really great.

Tuesday-P-day. Way fun. We went to some CRAZY pawn shop with tons of random crap. It was crazy! haha

Wednesday- We got a call to go do some service. They told us to "bring clothes you can throw away". So...kinda a red flag. They than told us their cow died. So we changed and go over to help and as we round the corner to there backyard, we see one of the most gross sights I've ever seen. There is a dead cow on the ground and some of his insides are now his outsides. But! They weren't completely out. That's where we came in. We had to help make ALL of is insides outsides. Not fun.After that, (I thought we were done) we had to hang it in a tree...cause I guess that's what you do...ew...So this guy comes over with his tractor and chains this cow to it and lifts it into the tree. It is than my responsibility to tie it into the tree. um...ya, crazy.haha. But we finally got the job done and luckily, we had an appointment to get to because they started skinning it. Whoa.

Thursday-I was in McCall with Elder Pineda. He is a spanish/english missionary. We did a ton of work. Only that work...was in spanish. If you wanna feel utterly useless in your life, go teach a lesson (or 4)with a spanish missionary not knowing spanish. haha. The reason this happened is because all the english appointments fell through. Oh man.It was tough. I could understand all of it, but couldn't put in any input. haha. It was pretty crazy. But, that night it snowed like CRAZY!!! like, a few feet. But it was WAY insane.

Friday- Due to the conditions at McCall (and teaching someone that was sick) I was sick. Just like a terrible headache/cough cold crap. Not too fun.

Saturday-Last day of the month so we had a TON of miles to kill. We drove our progress records out to every bishop and ward mission leader. It was pretty crazy. We got a ton of referrals and people to go see off of it. It was way good. I also decided, "hey, let's go to the chinese buffet here in town for lunch". As soon as we left (very full) our phone rang and it was dinner, "how do you boys like your steaks cooked and lobster?" DANG!!! But I did eat it and felt like a total pig. haha. The husband was a HUGE Beatles fan so we talked for a while.

Sunday-Church. We had 3 investigators show up. Crazy enough. Plus we taught a 1st lesson to a whole young men's group. (I had totally forgotten how annoying deacons are haha)

Monday- Dead cow part 2. We went back over to help with the cow, only now we were cutting it. They enlisted the help of their neighbor. We brought it into his house and began cutting it up into steaks and burger meat and stuff. The coolest part, is that their neighbor isn't a member and he asked about 4 million questions about the church with as solid interest. He was a really cool guy and he said he wanted us to some back and talk some more. Way cool.
Well, that was my crazy week. Its been WAY fun and insane. Hope all is well for you and I love you all tons!
-Elder Woods




3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

that cow was a little more than i needed to see - especially at dinner time.

but, i would love to own that "whoa" sign.

how completely idaho is that?

Dena said...

Wow! Soooo totally Idaho! When I lived in Oregon/Idaho my husband's family had a busiess called "Dewey's Dead Wagon" they picked up dead cows and dropped them off at the rendering plant. I'm embrassed to admit that I actually went with my husband (boyfriend at the time) a few times until I couldn't stand the smell!
It's so awesome that Brad has been up to Mcall a few times. BJ always wanted to serve there but never had the chance. It's wonderful to hear about Brad's success!!

vicki said...

Who would have thought a dead cow could reel in an investigator? Brad has (and has always had) such a good attitude about everything. He's wonderful.

Countdown