Thursday, February 12, 2009

Elder Papa Woods


What is up my friends?

I hope all is awesome. My week has been absolutely insane. Literally the craziest week in my mission. Don't believe me? Check this out.
On Saturday, Jeffery R Holland came and spoke to our mission. (told ya. crazy. haha). It was absolutely amazing. He is the funniest/most intimidating guy ever. But I was basically crying laughing the whole time. But on a spiritual plane, oh my goodness...he's amazing. I learned SOOOOO much.
That same day, was transfers. It makes sense because the entire mission was together so we just kinda switched. EXCEPT, I was getting a new missionary and they didn't come in until Tuesday. That meant I was paired up with Elder Chain in Fruitland (ya, it does sound gay) and we covered both areas. It was crazy. Since we had two areas, we kinda just decided to do 2 dinners instead of cancelling. We only did this once, since the meal was the EXACT same! Down to the drink options. hahaha. Pretty funny.
On Sunday, I spoke in Payette 2nd ward. I find speaking to be a crap load easier and actually enjoyable now. (I'm hoping he used his "church words") pretty tight. Anyways, on Monday, the assistants came and picked Elder Chain and I up and took us to Boise where we stayed the night and waited for our new missionaries. We got them Tuesday, and they are way good. My new comp is Elder Forsyth. He's WAY cool. He's a total drummer. Winter drum-line/drumset, the whole thing baby! Way tight. So I decided to get some very cool members (the Berrymans) to hook up a tight "greenie" dinner. Notice the picture. Very very cool. Pears, broccoli (I don't know how to spell that), green drink (not juice...drink. haha. Sugar, water, green), and other green things. It was way cool.
That basically brings us to today! Yesterday we were wicked busy with district meeting in Council and stuff. But I'm way excited. He's an awesome kid and is totally prepared. Next week I'll have pics and stuff.
Thanks again for all you do.
Love ya! -Elder Woods

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

congratulations on the "baby".
drew loved it when elder holland came to their mission back in august.
the story about him speaking "spanish" was amazing. {august 25}
lucky missionaries.

Dena said...

Wow! What a great "greenie" dinner! It sounds like Brad will really enjoy working with his new companion. Brad will make a great trainer! He sounds like he is doing AWESOME!

Countdown