Saturday, May 17, 2008

Brad's first letter home

We received Brad's first letter on Saturday May 17, 2008. I'll try to translate it for you.

Dear Family,
Hows it going? Day 1 of the MTC is a lot like taking a drink from a fire hose. Its a crazy lot of information. But I like it alot. My companion is pretty cool. He's from Texas & his name is Elder Goodrich. There is 3 other Elders in my room and oddly enough, they're all going to Australia. So my companion & I are going to different countries. Weird Huh? But one of them is a big Tongan from Hawaii. He's way funny. Always singing. I don't really have much to write about. But I'm liking it. I can never thank you enough for preparing me to come on this amazing adventure. I love you so much. I promise I'll write often ( and more). I love you again.
-Elder Woods

ps. Oh. Let me explain how they explained the map to us. ya... It's that crazy haha
p.p.s. My companion I guess loves working out so I do it with him so I'll come back super buff!! haha

The map he is talking about is on the photo of his letter. Some of the lines drawn from building to building have words, like "meet here for lunch", "lessons", "stairs", "go here for seminar", "meet here at.." Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!
Steve the Dad.

2 comments:

MeganHowell said...

I can't believe little Brad Woods is on a mission- but thats SO awesome that he is already loving it!! Good for him!! I'm sure he will work wonders:)

{jennifer} said...

Yea!! He sounds good and is still funny:)

Countdown