Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Area, District, Banana Split

(This picture is of Bro Belnap. The coolest Ward mission leader ever. He was a drummer, in a band, in Warped Tour. Officially the coolest. haha. But I had to say bye because I lost that ward to the new Elders. haha.)

Hey everyone!


So Crazy week.


Everything will make sense in the title...except the banana. Sorry. No explanation there. haha.


So on Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Mickelson in Marsing/Homedale. While ON the exchange, I got a call from the AP's telling me that my area is going to be split. Two more elders (McMurdie and Tobin) will be coming in and covering three of our 7 wards. Unfortunately, they wanted me to pick which wards they cover. This was difficult since I wasn't in my area and didn't have a map or anything. So I had to call my comp and get him to describe what the area looks like. I drew a map of what I thought it looked like (it looks NOTHING like the real map. haha) and picked 3 wards that are really close together and pretty small. This is because the other elders are on Bikes full time. Those three wards were actually the wards we dedicated the most time to. Oh well.


So on Thursday after district meeting (which was way fun. We had "Caldwell's Got Talent" haha), the other Elders moved in. They have yet to get a home for Elders to live in in the wards they cover so they moved in with us.(very cramped). Also unfortunate, it the fact that we live at the very North point of our area and the Elders area is the opposite side. So we have to drive them to their area everyday. ITs not as bad as I make it sound. They are both cool elders and we have a lot of fun. But that's what we've been doing.


Along with the area being split, they made a new district. My district is now the Sisters in Middleton, us, and the bikers. So a good deal smaller, but it should still be fun.


Well, that pretty much sums up this crazy week. Work has been really good though. No dates set yet, but alot of good things.


Hope your all doing awesome!


-Elder Woods

1 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i love how missionaries get to learn non-gospel-related life skills such as "rolling with the flow".
changes? bring 'em on.
no big deal.

Countdown